A Year End Note
Leadership Class Volunteers Help Us Support Environment America
As the Administrator and Members of the Advisory Board of The Stone and Holt Weeks Foundation-- and as friends and admirers of Stone and of Holt -- we wanted to say thank you for your ongoing support over these last 10 years and to ask that you remember The Foundation in your year-end charitable giving.
This year we made a big change from our annual We Kare-eoke fundraiser to a more family friendly event, the Do Good, Have Fun Run/Walk, with the idea that the Foundation is growing with all of you, its support system. Even though many of you are not able to participate in person you have donated from afar, sent kind and encouraging notes, shared with friends and family nearby, volunteered or embodied Do Good, Have Fun on your own time in honor of Holt and of Stone.
At a time when goodness can feel scarce, The Stone and Holt Weeks Foundation remains unwavering in its pursuit of the good work Stone and Holt believed in and worked for. Please see to understand more fully the scope of its mission.
Through these last 10 years, The Foundation has awarded grants totaling well over half-a-million dollars to multiple organizations working to benefit those most in need. This is a testament to Holt and to Stone, who were -- and continue to be -- an inspiration for others to further the work they engaged in during their all too brief lives.
Your generous help will ensure that The Foundation can continue to fund -- and increase funding for -- these organizations for many years to come. And it will enable The Foundation to respond to more people in need, as we did this year sending relief to The Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian's destruction and to Nepal for eco-sustainability programs-- and other causes such as coalitions devoted to road and highway safety in America -- all humanitarian actions that would have unquestionably engaged Stone and Holt.
The Foundation is a component fund of . All contributions are tax deductible. When you make a donation to The Stone and Holt Weeks Foundation, 98.9 percent goes straight to the good causes we support. The other 1.1 percent goes to the Community Foundation, which handles the accounting and paperwork.
Thank you again.
Susan Park, Administrator
Nathan Barash, Member, Advisory Board
Rob Bouknight, Member, Advisory Board
Sarah Taylor Bower, Member, Advisory Board
Caroline Lacey, Member, Advisory Board